In the dynamic workplace and business environment, staying on with legacy communication applications can be fatal. Moving to the cloud brings lots of benefits to transform your business processes, making them lean and agile. Learn how to take the big step towards moving your unified communication solution to the cloud.
For a modern enterprise, today’s communication spans a host of digital and connected devices as the line between professional and personal blurs. With the boom in internet-based telephony, unified communication solutions have come to occupy a prime spot. The workplace is not physical anymore, it is anywhere in an always-on environment. It is not surprising then to see the global unified communications and collaboration market clock 29% growth in 2020 alone.
It also signals a pertinent move from on-premise systems to the cloud that a growing number of unified communications solution providers are now embracing. Let’s understand the transformation which cloud brings to help modern enterprises compete based on the two most important factors–customer experience and employee collaboration.
Shifting market and changing customer expectations
A digital organization accelerates quick decision-making with virtual collaboration. However, it is not enough to just communicate digitally. In a 24/7 business environment, meeting the expectations of customers is vital and a tough task. Your employees need to be tuned in on current trends, landscape, and market insights and collaborate extensively by working together, although separated by distance and time.
As per a survey, a whopping 73% of customers are ready to abandon a brand in just three or fewer negative service experiences. In these circumstances, it becomes even more important to muster all the resources to manage customer expectations and stay competitive. Harnessing the power of the cloud, even small-sized organizations can avail world-class technologies cost-effectively.
Key benefits of moving your communications to the Cloud
- Cloud can serve as a foundation to move all IT and digital applications on an agile framework.
- Infrastructure based on the cloud helps in making your processes flexible so you can scale your digital assets up or down as per demand.
- It reduces unnecessary and wasteful expenditure by ensuring you are able to manage shifting priorities in an environment with ease. Cloud also enhances operational flexibility and cost-effectiveness in unified communications for small businesses.
How should you make the move to the Cloud?
With a host of legacy infrastructure, moving to the cloud may require careful planning. Like any project, list out key moving and stationary parts. You can start by dividing it into three phases—planning, deployment, and operations.
- Planning- It is all about assessment and projections. In the planning phase, you need to carefully evaluate your current and future needs, environment, network, and configurations. Having prior knowledge about threats and risks that may emanate equips you to handle adverse situations better.
For instance, you can test your network capabilities with available resources from various service providers prior to moving your IT and digital communication applications.
- Deployment- This is the tricky one, as you cannot be sure your plans on paper will transition onto an operational level. A gradual approach may work better, sometimes. You can move those applications to Cloud which are less important as per your assessment scorecard. Once you are confident of managing them without major issues, you can onboard others.
Most of the top cloud unified communications service provider companies help their customers navigate challenges in this phase. Regular communication and close coordination may help you nip many problems in the bud.
- Operations- It is more about implementing the lessons learned from deployment in this phase.
- Ensuring that you have visibility into your operations to manage ongoing and upcoming issues.
- Closely monitoring resources that have been moved into the cloud with the help of your cloud-based communications service provider.
- Rectify and refine as you go deeper into the cloud, understand the tools and process and make changes, wherever needed.
How to choose a Cloud Unified Communications provider
You probably know it is the right time to make the move to the cloud but are unsure where to start. In such a scenario, onboarding an experienced cloud Unified Communication solution provider who can guide you should be the first step.
- Today’s IT applications come from varied areas, so your chosen vendor should have wide-ranging experience in unified communication solution development.
- The vendor should have a qualified team with hands-on experience in the latest technologies – big data, AI, ML, Containers and Dockers, Programming, and Digital transformation among others.
- Managing existing and new applications on a regular basis to analyze the system reliability, security, robustness, and scalability is a must.
Each service provider has a list in which you may have to do some trade-offs. Be sure to pick one where you can fit all your needs without compromising on a few. Cloud-based frameworks can cut the deployment time for new initiatives to enhance employee productivity as well and business agility.
Remember, the transformation process will depend on the organization size, infrastructure needed versus available, human resources, and culture too. Turning to unified communications is a practical way to achieve this. An important element of Unified communication services is that they can bring all the digital solutions under one umbrella, giving you control and flexibility to thrive in the future. A unified communication or a UC solution provider can guide you on how to optimize all your communication assets and move to the cloud.